This might be the death of me :)

So after much searching through airlines and lining up timing, I've decided to leave Jamaica on Dec 31st, overnight in London then arrive in N'Djamena, Chad on the 2nd of January, 2010. That means I have a little over a month left! And Christmas is almost here too. :)
I've been learning french...Remy on youtube was great, but I needed to speed things up a bit. The Lord provided someone that lives walking distance away to do french classes with me for free. I am very grateful for the classes, but I was also reminded why I didn't do french in CXC! Lol. But I must keep pressing.
I've been so encouraged by the persons that have volunteered to support me in prayer and financially. It has been suggested to me to actually have persons meeting to pray, so I'll have to consider it and try to get that organised before I go. I've worked on a budget and I was surprised to find that the plane ticket works out to more than half of the total expenses! I should have expected that I suppose since the cost of living will not be very high. I really believe that the Lord will supply all my needs, and that I will get all the funds I need for this trip before I head off.
I have been learning a lot from God. Little things will happen and it would bring me back all the time to how much preparation I was receiving during my years at UWI without realising it. Lately, the Lord has been teaching me about dying. The topic seemed to come up all the time, and I started to wonder if I was getting a hint from God or something. Almost everytime I turned on the radio, the topic would be something related to Phil 1:21, 'To live is Christ, to die is gain'. I also spotted the Foxe's book of Martyrs in our home library. It had always been there, but I decided to give it a read just now. And instead of being afraid, it excited me. I was amazed by the courage and boldness of these people to stand up for truth regardless of the consequences. There's a quote that says ''If you're not ready to die for Christ, you're not ready to live for Him." I really believe that. Though I don't expect to face anything that would cause me to die, and I definitely do not want to die just yet, I should be able to be obedient to God, no matter what. This brings me to the other, related thing I've been learning. Seperate from physical death, I really want to 'die to self'. I still want to hold on to my rights or my earthly possessions, but it's becoming clearer that obedience to God really means all of me will have to go. This is so much harder to become reality, it would be esier to accept a physical death. I am constantly being challenged.
Before you know it, I'll be writing this from Chad, God's willing! I really am looking forward to it, and it will probably will hit me when I land. Please keep praying for me, as I learn from God, and as I continue trying to develop support for the trip.
Until next time, Au Revoir!
VM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here