Do you smell that?

It’s been 2 weeks since I wrote.
I got to the wedding. It was amazing! I didn’t trip, and I ensured the bride didn’t trip either. Got through my speech too...I was ‘concerned’ about it, to be honest. But that wedding was exactly like my sister and her husband (yes, I can say it like that now!). Mr. Groom basically built the entire set-up with his own hands. The decorations down the aisle, the altar, the easel for the picture ‘guest book’, the King and Queen thrones, the cake stand...even the dance floor!!! So I’m just very impressed with my brother-in-law for surprising my sister like that. Not that she deserves anything less though.

Since I’ve been home, people keep asking me how the trip was. I don’t know what to answer. How do I answer? It was great. But I don’t know how to explain something so awesome and something so very different to anything the hearer could imagine. It’s too much to say, and I don’t know where to start. Some are not really interested. They care that I had to wear skirts all the time, and that’s about as much as they’ll listen to till they change the topic. I do know and have to accept that I have this stuff bursting in me, and only a few people will genuinely want to hear the meat of the matter. But there are those 7,000 still. :) And I thank God for the opportunities that are coming up for me to share.

I missed my country more than I knew. The negatives have hit me hard in the face, but check out the remaining 90%: Just walking through downtown (clutching my handbag close), and seeing the men. They look different. I love how our men look. They have this ‘rrrrr’ ting bout dem; how they dress and how they dance. And I don’t think I spoke so much patois before I left. It’s so expressive. English is alright, but it is kinda stiff.
Then to top it all off, two very sweet friends (soon Mr&Mrs – there’s summen in the air) invited me on a road trip to Portland. Yow, Jamaica prettttttty! There’s so much to the island I haven’t seen. It was breath-taking. The sea, the hills, the country towns, the Boston Jerk Pork Sausage!

Easter has just gone. I hear the stories so much that it kinda killed it. You know like when there’s a really good song and people keep playing it too much that you don’t wah hear it no more? It was like that, and I had to really meditate on the truth, and where I would have been if there was no ‘God-dying’. There was nothing in me wanting to rush to church for ‘Easter’, but I did enjoy the reminder of what my Lord did for me, and how I need to fix up my response to Him.

I had an interview for a summer internship in NY for the summer. I’ll hear if I get through tomorrow. I don’t know if God wants me to go for sure, don’t know if it’s the right time for AAA (animal assister therapy), but it’s a great opportunity, and something that would be very useful for Jamaica. So I went ahead and did the interview, etc. I’ll allow God to direct my steps...He can determine if I get through or not. And wid dis Dudus ting, it may mean divine intervention to get a US Visa. So...this is me asking God to direct me in this way.

One last thing before I go...I’ll feel somewhat alone till the 17th. It may seem silly, but it’s the truth. It seems whatever is in the air has got into my blood stream now. Mom says Whitfield Hall is too far, so I need to find another venue.
VM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here