Bubbling Over

I was talking to my aunty yesterday about Green Chimneys, and it’s like my insides came alive! You see, I’ve always wanted to work with animals. And when I was choosing my profession in 3rd form, Vet Med was the only thing I knew that fit that criterion. But, now, I’ll be learning about animal assisted therapy (AAT) these next three months. I’ve worked with special needs kids before, and I loved it thoroughly. Then to know that I can combine these two things, it’s just...wow.
So my mind ran on Wycliffe. If I’m now questioning if I’ve found my life’s calling, then what of Wycliffe? I learnt, in Chad, when talking to one of the young missionaries there, that the Lord doesn’t necessarily call you for 20years, as was traditionally thought. The Lord could lead you to do something for that period of time. Take Joseph’s life story. Imagine if he thought that being the head of Potiphar’s house was it. Then this whole sexual assault thing comes in. He could have been devastated that now his life’s all messed up. All the Lord had planned for him is gone down the drain now. I think, maybe, we need to just keep doing what we’re doing, if we were doing it right. To continue to be led by the Spirit, and to continue to talk to God, even if you’re exactly where He said you should be. He may say continue for the next 20years, he may say time’s up here, move on (and that may happen when everything seems to be going well).
So in thinking of Wycliffe, I’m not walking away because something else has come to mind. I’m talking to God. And it seems right now, I am heading to Barbados with Wycliffe. I think of the orphans in some far away, war torn land. And I think of Scripture Use. I think of how wonderful it would be to use AAT with such children. To have them eventually become independent famers maybe? I have no idea. But as with any new idea that comes to my mind, tens of other possibilities shoot from it.
The original reason I wanted to do Green Chimneys was because of the inner city kids I’ve worked with home. I’ve known them, and I’ve known their needs. And I saw this as a way to help. But I’ve begun to see that this may not be what God’s using it for. These three months feels like a more difficult ministry than Chad. I don’t know what it will bring, but it feels like I’ve gotta be more prepared and more aware. When I look back years from now, maybe I’ll understand.
I move in to the Glass House tomorrow. Hope it’s not too cold. Hope I don’t get all excited by the food and put on weight. Hope I don’t get distracted from missing my boo too much. Hope I don’t forget the One who sent me here. Thank the Lord for my aunt and thank the Lord for wonderful opportunities. 
VM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here