One Year's Worth - Recap

It's one day less than a year since my last post! My excuse? Life has been happening. And maybe it's good to give life some time to develop, so you can sit back and really take it all in, with the right view.
So what's happened since Oct 25, 2010? Well, a whole lot of wedding planning, of course, to start it off. My brother's bday in Nov, then family Christmas at my house with a very pregnant sister! :D So I took a wedding planning break in February to be a good aunt. Now, we must be honest. Most babies come out looking like tiny little aliens...with oddly shaped heads and bulging eyes (something about all that pushing makes it impossible for the mothers to notice though). Somehow, Ny was the exception. She didn't look like either of her good looking parents, but she was such a sweet 'Chiney' looking zebra baby :) Another February birthday in the family. I'm sure Kam was feeling lonely before.
So then March came along with Daddy's and Hubby's bdays and just one month to do everything else for the wedding. It's all a big blur now, thank goodness. It was a very stressful time, and though I'm happy I'm married, I'm also happy the planning is over, lol. But we're not in April yet. March was my sister and brother-in-law's 1 yr anniversary, and two good friends of mine got married. The bride gave me her bouquet, since I was the next one in line to be married (I then did the same thing at my wedding).
April was my sister's bday, and me and Mario got married!
The wedding was just wonderful. And it would be wrong for me to try to explain it all in this post. Maybe I'll do that on one of my anniversaries. (Yesterday was just 6 months) The best thing from the wedding? The people that were there. It was just so nice having friends and two sets of family come together like that. And we all love the Lord, so that made it extra special. Then there was the honeymoon, and 25 years of waiting for us both was finally over, lol. But when I am asked about the best thing about marriage so far, I don't say sex. I actually say it's the companionship. I don't know if it's because we were in a long distance relationship, but it feels so amazing to wake up and roll over and see your best friend there (bad breath and the works). Good days, bad days, happy times, he's there for me. I know I have one person on my side, one person that at least wants to get me, even if he doesn't all the time. He is the most wonderful, supportive, Godly husband anyone could ask for...beyond what I could have dreamed. And that fact is especially cemented since I sometimes feel alone in a foreign land.
Speaking of which...Barbados is great. (Maybe that means Mario is great). His family and friends have been wonderful and supportive of us, and have helped to get us off the ground. The island is way way more laid back than Jamaica. It can annoy me, sometimes, because I'm an impatient, fast paced 'Portmorian', lol. So I'm learning, and loving the food...a little too much, so we joined a gym with some of the other guys at church our age :) (guys literally, I'm the only girl among them).
Summer was camps. At least that's the same. I did ISCF camp and I did Nazarene Youth International camp. Does VBS count as a camp? Did that too. Made wonderful, and hopefully life long friends. And it was the first opportunity for me and Mario to minister together as husband and wife. We really want the Lord to get the glory from this marriage. Yes, it's great for us, but as with anything in life, it should have more purpose and value than just enjoyment.
I brought up 'ministry' which is just the church word for things done directly for the Lord. I am supposed to be a missionary, right? Well, that had some hick ups with getting started here, but what it really helped was to re-define what that means. So I've been volunteering with ISCF where Mario works, and I'm still with Wycliffe and also wanting to start volunteering with a farm here that does therapeutic riding. I've been doing quite a bit of this 'ministry' thing on FB. That, again, is for another post. I've also had the joy of babysitting twin girls on Monday evenings. They're only a few months old...so they can't tear the house down yet...mostly feeding and changing and fighting them to get to sleep at different times, so I don't have to deal with them both at the same time, lol. Good practice tho :)
Mom and Dad visited last weekend, I visited Jamaica once, and mom had visited a time before then. Those visits are never long enough, but just a reminder of how special they are...
September was my birthday. My darling husband outdid himself and spoiled me rotten. It felt like a week long day by the time he was done. There was just so much to give God thanks for this year anyways, so all the more reason to celebrate. And apparently, there's a family tradition of birthday celebration in September, so I got to join in on that.
Then there was October...i.e. now. My new brother just graduated from UWI and has great plans for the future. We also celebrate Granny's 16th year of being cancer free and my older new sister's 16th birthday!
Vet wise...not happening, but I'm still into animals (like if the therapeutic riding thing works out). I'm waiting patiently to move into a house instead of an apartment, so I can have a cat again. The sheep had a new lamb! And the rabbit thing seems to be coming to fruition soon. We'll see.
Ok, now that going over the year is done...I can get back to normal blogging. And, God's Willing, there'll be new, exciting things to share ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here