The Lord's Doing - One Year Later

One year ago, today, I said my wedding vows and we laughed and didn't eat a drop of food. It wasn't a Monday tho :)
And the more I look around and see 'so much trouble in the world', I realise that we haven't lasted a year because Mario is a great man of God nor because I've had wonderful family upbringing. It really has very little to do with who we are, because all our righteous acts will still amount to filthy rags (1). No, this year's milestone is here because of God.
I found out today about another young married couple that isn't together any more. I think about people that have gotten pregnant outside of wedlock (not always by choice) and the shame that goes along with it. I think of death robbing people of their one year anniversaries. And I think...this is really not about me or any great strength I had that kept my pants on, or kept my husband alive and faithful.

 So what about the good things that I have done? It is not I, but Christ that lives in me (2). That's all it comes down to. The times I've somehow held my tongue, or put out the extra effort to do something I didn't want to do, or to not freak out after the window/bird incident that left hubby with 8 stitches (I was very proud of myself for being the good supportive wife to keep her composure!)...none of it was really me. When I am honest with myself, I can admit that that stupid girl that cheated on her husband, or the selfish woman that abandoned her children to fulfil her dreams; I have all those things in me as well. That they haven't acted up is God's Grace. He is perfecting me to look more like Christ. Will I last another 22 years? I have no idea. Cause the couples that don't last...it's like you never see it coming. But I know Whom I've believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day (3).
VM

1. Isaiah 64:6
2. Gal 2:20 
3. 2Tim 1:12

Comments

  1. praying for you guys always... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's Blessings on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain. (Ps 127:1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aleeca
    reading your blog has hepled me to put so many things in perspective. I am definately encouraged. I pray God's continued blessings on you and your husband

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here