My 30 Year Old Trophy Husband.

My 30 Yr Old Trophy Husband

My husband does the usual things any reasonable 20something year old would do, like taking out the garbage, washing dishes and changing diapers. He’s generally a better cook than I am (though he has pretty much taught himself out of a job by now) and according to Judah, also tells better bed time stories ‘from his mouth’.
I could tell you that he never puts things back, that he procrastinates and even struggles with sin, but I won’t. That would go against proper social media etiquette of being totally one sided. Plus it is his birthday after all.

What impresses me most about Mario is that he leads by example and with such patience and grace. He depends on Jesus and is constantly improving.
When we were adjusting to being new parents (back in the day, lol), we quickly realized the ‘me vs you’ struggle. Someone had to get up in the middle of the night. Both of us were exhausted. But if he refused to do it, he was forcing me to. My darling husband chose to serve me. Even when it was my turn, he’d look at my beautiful drooly face and let me sleep. And you know what happened? The ‘me vs you’ struggle transformed into a ‘no, let me’ struggle. He was serving me so well; all I wanted to do was serve him.
That’s just one example of the kind of man that he is and how his leadership has changed me for the better. Really very much like Christ and the church.
He strives to obey Jesus wholeheartedly and God’s glory is displayed in every area of his life because of it.

Honey, if you are reading this (you better be!) I love you! I’m so proud of the man that you are now and I’m so excited at the prospect of sharing many more years with you and seeing where the Lord takes you.
Engineer turned ISCF Staff Worker turned teacher. Husband, Father, Jesus Freak.
I thank the Lord for your life and I thank you for loving me.

I am writing to you, fathers,
    because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men,
    because you have overcome the evil one. (1 John 2:13)


You get to be both J

Comments

  1. It is as though my heartbeat slowed as I read this. Only when I resumed breathing had I realised that I had stopped. This is by far the most amazing thing I've read all week, and I'm certain that many days would pass before I read something more heart-warming. Just when I thought that my inspiration for you two as a Mario couldn't get any greater, you surprise me week after week as I watch you interact. I could only pray that the Almighty God in Heaven be gracious to me enough for me to wake up next to a crown which gleams as radiantly on my head as you do on his.

    Like polishing a glass mirror, may Jehovah Maccaddeshem continue to sanctify your marriage, till He sees His marriage to the church perfectly reflected in you.

    Amen!

    Happy Birthday, Mario!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here