The Big 'C'

When I was a teenager, on any given Friday night, there’d be some clash of events. My dad would form his hand into the letter ‘C’. He said we simply had to make a choice. But that was never good enough for me. I didn’t want to miss anything. So I always worked out a way to catch the beginning or ending of one thing or the other. I wanted to do it all, and then, it seemed I could. But life doesn’t always work that way and now I’ve got the Big C to think about again as I make my way home. My long term plans are a big consideration, but even just what to do with my summer is causing me undue stress. But it is a good thing to have Godly people around that can give you advice or even just to listen. And I’m also encouraged by 1 Sam 8 (was pointed to this passage by a Godly friend) where the Israelites wanted a King. It wasn’t a good thing for them, but God still gave them what they wanted. The thing is though, He explained to them clearly that the decision wouldn’t be in their best interest, He didn’t just allow them to walk blindly into a bad decision. So with all these choices to make, I know I have a God that will direct me, and all I need to do is to listen to Him.

I had a great last week in HH. I’ll miss the people I met there, and my interests in adult literacy are growing. There’s something special about an adult finally being able to write their own name or to read a joke and laugh.

I was to leave HH on Thursday, but the Harmattan (really bad dust storm) wouldn’t allow it. So I made a 2-3hr drive to Abeche to try to catch a flight from there on Friday. Nope, Harmattan still going strong. There I was thinking Thursday was more than enough time to head back to N’Djamena for my flight home on Tuesday. Nope, I was wrong again, and the counsel I received about giving myself sufficient time proved wiser than I could have known.

So Saturday morning rolls on, still in Abeche. I’m up early and all packed, but airport people say no flights again. A German friend of a friend needed to get in as well, so he decided to drive on Sunday, and I went with him. By the way, Abeche is some 700 km from N’Djamena, so it turned out to be a 12hr drive! My goodness. I thought driving to Mobay was long. Lol. Jamaica is really teeny.

I’m glad to be back here, and it’s good to see everyone again before I cut.

I’ve just finished doing my hair for my sister’s wedding, and I’m trying to preserve my nails as much as I can. All my thoughts are towards that wedding, being prepared and praying I get back. Air France cancelled their flights over the weekend. The weather has cleared up pretty nicely, so I expect that Afriqiyah will fly. All God’s willing of course. Jesus went to weddings. He knew how important they were then, and how important they still are now. He understands. He’ll get me back, right?

VM

Comments

  1. He knows weddings are important (He even turned water into wine to make sure one would go well:) ).

    And he promises to grant us the desires of our hearts once we delight ourselves in him, because then our desires will be according to His will. And i think you are delighting yourself in him, so be encouraged. God will work all things our for your good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for that. I just got back from Mandeville and the wedding yesterday was great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here