Imagination is the organ of meaning - C.S.Lewis

It seems that so much has happened (in Jamaica) in these past 2 weeks. One high school classmate got married, another had his first child. I got to skpye in on a meeting with some of the bridesmaids for my sister's wedding. Anoter of my family members is not so single anymore. :D My Dad and my aunt (in Canada) had birthdays. One of my friends (in Bimshire) from UWI is getting married today too. Jim and Pam on The Office had a baby girl! Ok, so that last one doesn't really count.
We've been doing literacy training here; training teachers to teach others. It's been great meeting the Sudanese in this unusual situation of being refugees in a foreign land. But so much good has come out of it. Would they have had the time to come to a class if they were tending their fields in their own land? (Like the story of Joseph with others planning evil, but God planning good) I see them smile, and enjoy gaining knowledge. I really like them. I'm liking them so much I think I don't want them to die eternally. But that's not for me to decide. Is not like I can jump in the middle of their prayers and tell them they're intentions are right, but just in the wrong direction. (They wouldn't understand the English anyways). Patience. Jesus was here with us 30 years before His ministry started. I've only been here 2 weeks.
I've just finished reading the first book of C.S. Lewis's Cosmic Trilogy. It's called 'Out of the Silent Planet'. I love reading C.S. fiction. (Narnia by far surpasses anything else I've ever read.) I think it becomes much more enjoyable when you know your Bible. He's a Christian. And with any good Christian, it's impossible to leave God out of anything you do. So if you know your Bible (as I was saying before) you pick up hints of various quotations of themes. And it makes it all the more delightful. Lol.
It would be nice if animals could talk for real (doesn't the snake talk in Eden and the donkey to Baalam?) or if there are other created beings in other parts of the heavens other than earth. It's not really that far a stretch to think about, but I suppose it also cannot be proven. But I can enjoy the realness of it in my imagination. There's so much to look forward to after death now! Anyhow. This won't make much sense if you've never read the book. I'm gonna try to read the other two by Thursday(when I have to leave here and return the books).
I am now looking forward to leaving, to seeing my family again, among other fantasies(a fan would be nice). I also long to 'look into' the future. Will I get to come back?
VM - first post on my own, tho I much appreciated Marcus's help thus far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here