Baa Baa Black Sheep

“Jamiila?” he says
“Na’am” I respond
There are many laughs all around.
“Jamiila?” he says again
“Na’am” I say again...
He’s just calling my name so that I will respond in his language. And it’s apparently very amusing to them. I’m called Jamiila because my real name is too difficult for them to say. (Jamiila means beautiful btw) I’ve been told that I say Na’am very well for a foreigner. Most other people will call my name, and after I respond, they’ll continue with the question or statement then one of the miss.es will translate for me, and we’ll have a conversation. But this dude didn’t care for all of that. He just wanted to hear my voice. He also wanted to make me his third wife. He gave us a sheep today. Hope he doesn’t consider that a dowry. We tied the thing on top of our van for the drive home. I gave him water when we arrived, and patted his head. He’s very tame for a sheep. We’ll eat him tomorrow for dinner.
VM (22.01.10)

Comments

  1. lol you said that so casual...we'll eat him 2moro for dinner...lol thats nice tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lolol lol lol ...........OMG.....WE"LL EAT HIM FOR DINNER>>>JAH KNOW STAR>>>>SHE HAS SURE ADOPT TO THE CULTURE>>>....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i thought vet school was makin me cold....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh...the poor cute black sheep...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here