The Belly :)

Since Wednesday, I’ve had diarrhoea. I’ve had to explain (in an attempt at diagnosis) the colour, smell, consistency, frequency, volume and sounds it’s made! In the past, I’ve try to pee quietly, so no one would know what I was doing. So this was quite unusual to do personally, but quite normal here when self diagnosis is the only option you have, even for serious illnesses. Deductions were made; I was medicated for Amoebas, but my tummy or God didn’t want any of it, and it came right back out with the two tablespoons of rice I made myself eat that day. And so the diarrhoea continued.
We were to travel back to the capital on Thursday. Wednesday was very busy with packing and people coming to greet and wish us bon voyage. Some of my friends from the church stopped by. It was nice, but difficult to stay long. One of the guys made me a little dress! It was just about at my knees, and he explained (using hand signals) that it was for sleeping in, that’s why it was so short.
I did feel a tad better long enough to chuck everything into my suitcase, with a few lie down breaks to prevent myself from chucking. My concern, however, was making a 7hr drive on a very bumpy road when both ‘ends’ of my body were expelling things. An appeal for prayer was made and I was given anti-emetics (new word for the day?) and went to bed.
Well, the prayer was very effective...I didn’t even go to the bush to pee on the road. I did feel weak, but we made it. It was good to be home to get to the toilet though, except for the fact that the apartment echoed. Lol.
Today (Saturday) is the first day that I have eaten properly and not had to rush to the bathroom right after. Praise God! The vomiting did not last past the first day either.
It’s nice to be in the capital again in that I have the internet. I got to talk to Mario on google, and not have to wait for e-mail (how ungrateful...suppose I had to be using real mail). It was a lovely conversation, but just being able to talk made my day. Talked to a few other people as well and went on FB, etc. I had ice in my water! These little things are a huge luxury. I’ll be in the capital for the rest of Feb for spiritual retreat and conference (‘political’ stuff like voting and reports). All missionaries have to be here, so I’ll get to meet the various teams and head out with a new team for March. So far, I prefer village life to city life, but we’ll see how the month goes. I’ll miss the friends I made in the short time I was in the village. In the capital, I’ll pretty much just be inside the centre and unfortunately not get to interact with many Chadians.
I already have one patient waiting for me to see; an old dog with what may be arthritis in the back legs. There isn’t much I can do, but I’ll still take a look.
Time is just flying though. I’ll be back in Jamaica in no time. Need to be steadfast in praying about my future after this. Marriage would be a good next step, right? J From a logistic standpoint, it would avoid all the complications of marriage proposals by village men, and the married 15yr olds feeling pity for me still being childless in my old age (I’m just 24 btw).
VM.

Comments

  1. lol...at childless in your old age...i do think marriage is a good idea now...lol...i want a wedding to attend!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here