Week 1

I have been in Africa for one week today. It doesn’t feel so long. Everything is so new, everything is amazing and note worthy…from the sand instead of dirt to the herd of camels, or even the babies strapped to the women’s backs while they go about their day as normal. The people are beautiful, the colours in the market just breath-taking, well, that and the heat. Lol.

I spent most of the week in the capital getting registered, meeting missionaries (met some very very nice people) and buying groceries, etc for the 7hr drive to the village. The drive was considerably longer due to a combination of road work and car trouble. In Portmore, there are houses in every direction as far as the eye can see. In Chad, it’s dry and thirsty land with a few bushes scattered throughout (it’s dry season now). You can find a good bush to take a leak…and yes, I did it, and I used my left hand. Don’t ask for details.

Chadians are sweet people. The Chadian Arabic is just lovely. I’m learning it slowly. Who needs French anyways?

Seems I may get to be a vet after all. There are many things to look forward to. The snakes and scorpions are not among that lot, but both the good and the bad should be spoken of.

I wonder if I could really manage all this with a husband and children in tow. I don’t think I’ll ponder that tonight.

I need to go to bed now.

Safe-ish under my mosquito net.

VM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non-Homeschooler

Church Membership

2023 and I'm Still Here